2019 GSRC Grand Prix Races (subject to change)
01/19/19 Run Holden Beach 5K
01/19/19 Run Holden Beach Half Marathon
01/26/19 NMB Winter Run 5K
01/26/19 NMB Winter Run 15K
02/16/19 Run Oak Island Half Marathon
02/16/19 Run Oak Island Marathon
03/02/19 Myrtle Beach Half Marathon
03/02/19 Myrtle Beach Marathon
03/30/19 Run Sunset Beach 5K
03/30/19 Run Sunset Beach Half Marathon
04/06/19 Run For the Shelter 5K
04/16/19 The Fast & The Furriest 5K
04/28/19 Int’l Drive Road Race 5K
04/28/19 Int’l Drive Road Race 12K
05/11/19 Little River 5K
07/04/19 Independence Day 8K
07/21/19 Border Battle Trail Race
10/05/19 BFF Pink Ribbon Run 5K
10/05/19 BFF Pink Ribbon Run 10K
10/20/19 Myrtle Beach Mini Marathon
10/26/19 Run Ocean Isle Beach 5K
10/26/19 Run Ocean Isle Beach Half Marathon
10/26/19 Georgetown Bridge 2 Bridge 12K
10/26/19 Georgetown Bridge 2 Bridge Half
11/28/19 Surfside Turkey Trot 10K
12/07/19 Conway Reindeer Run 5K
12/15/18 Race to Save Hearts 5K (NMB)
The Grand Prix Committee reserves the right to add or delete races as necessary.
January 2019 Grand Prix Dinner-TBA (All winners and club members are invited to attend)
2019 Grand Prix Rules and Guidelines (Subject to change)
- The Grand Prix Series consists of the races identified above to the extent those events are held. The Grand Prix committee reserves the right to add or delete races as necessary.
- 2018 Grand Prix runners are automatically registered for 2019. Other GSRC club members can sign up by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org by March 5, 2019. Please include your name (first and last, as used when registering for races), date of birth, and gender.
- Club members may enter the Grand Prix at any time ONCE YOUR PAID MEMBERSHIP HAS BEEN RECEIVED. No retro scoring will be allowed after the Winter Run January 26.
- Age group will be determined by the competitor’s age on January 1, 2019.
- To be eligible to compete in the Grand Prix, GSRC club members must run the Battle of the Border or volunteer at 1 of the following events:
- Battle of the Border
- BFF Pink Ribbon Run
- Race results posted online are used for Grand Prix scoring. Once a race’s results have been posted, members will have two weeks to notify the committee of any error. After two weeks, results will be considered final.
- At least Top 5 overall male and female
- At least Top 3, by gender, in the following age groups:
- Youth (19 and under)
- Open (20-29)
- Open (30-39)
- Master (40-49)
- Grandmaster (50-59)
- Super Master (60-69)
- Super Grandmaster(70 and over)
- Each GP runner who finishes a GP race will be scored based on his finishing position vs. other GP runners.
- Age Group (and overall) race scores vary with the length of race as follows:
- 5K and 8K – 10 pt. max/5 pt. min (30 overall max/5 min)
- 10K, 12K, and 15K – 11 pt. max/6 pt. min (31 overall max/6 min)
- Half and full marathon – 12 pt. max/7 min (32 overall/7 min)
- Each runner’s top 5 race scores count toward overall scoring. A GP runner must finish at least 4 Grand Prix races to be eligible for annual awards.
Example – Age group points for a marathon: first GP finisher receives 12 points, second receives 11 points, etc.; after 8 points is awarded, all following finishers will receive 7 points.
Example – Overall score for a 5K: first GP finisher receives 30 points, second receives 29 points, etc.; after 6 points is awarded, all following finishers will receive 5 points.