2017 List of Eligible Races
21st-Winter Run 5K or 15K
18th-Oak Island Full or Half Marathon
3rd-Grand Dunes 5K (MB Marathon Weekend)
4th-MB Full or Half-Marathon
1st-Run for the Shelter 5K
15th-Race for the Inlet 10K
6th-Little River 5K
3rd-Salt Games 5K
4th-Independence Day 8K
22nd-Border Battle Run or Volunteer (qualifier for Grand Prix only-no points issued)
16th-BFF Pink Ribbon Run 5K or 10K (also a qualifier for Grand Prix-volunteering)
7th-Ocean Isle 5K or Half Marathon
27th-Chauncey’s CCU 5K
28th-Georgetown Bridge2Bridge 12K or Half Marathon
23rd-Surfside Turkey Trot 10K
2nd-Conway Reindeer Run 5K
16th-Race to Save Hearts 5K (also a qualifier for Grand Prix-volunteering)
Grand Prix Dinner-TBA (All winners and club members are invited to attend)
The Grand Prix Committee reserves the right to add or delete races as necessary.
2017 Grand Prix Rules and Guidelines
Subject to change
- Previous years participants are automatically registered for the following year. New club members can sign up by emailing email@example.com by March 5, 2017. Please include your name (first and last) that you will use when registering for races, age as of January 1, 2017, and desire to participate. If this information is not provided, registration may be considered incomplete and ineligible.
- Club members must volunteer or run the Battle of the Border in order to compete in the Grand Prix.
- The Grand Prix Series consists of the races identified above to the extent those events are held. The Grand Prix committee reserves the right to add or delete races as necessary.
- The best 5 races count toward scoring – Must run a minimum of 4 races to qualify for an award.
- Club members may enter the Grand Prix at any point ONCE YOUR PAID MEMBERSHIP HAS BEEN RECEIVED. No retro scoring will be allowed after the Winter Run January 23.
- Age will be determined by the competitor’s age on January 1, 2017.
- Once a race’s results have been posted, members will have two weeks to notify the committee of any errors. After two weeks, results will be considered final.
- At least Top 5 overall male and female
- At least Top 3 in the following age groups: Youth (19 and under); Open (20-29); Open (30-39);
- Master (40-49); Grandmaster (50-59); Super Master (60-69); Super Grandmaster(70 and over)
Overall and Age Group scores are determined by the distance of the featured race as follows:
5K and 8K – 10 pt. max/5 pt. min (30 overall max/5 min)
10K and 15K – 11 pt. max/6 pt. min (31 overall max/6 min)
Half and full marathon – 12 pt. max/7 min (32 overall/7 min)
Example: Age Group Points in the Marathon based on top 12 finishers/members with first place receiving
12 points, second place receiving 11 points, etc. After 8 points is awarded, those following will receive 7 points. Overall score in the Marathon based on the top 32 finishers/members with first place receiving 32 points, second place receiving 31 points, etc.