Fall 2016 5K training group dates: September 11-December 3.
Click here to register
The 5K training group is designed to help you complete your first 5K race, improve your time, etc.
Children and adults are welcome to attend the training sessions. Children must be at least 4 years old to participate in the kid’s training program. Strollers are allowed for other children but must remain with parents.
Weekly training plans are available for each participant and the group will meet once a week for the workout. The training program is taught by certified RRCA coaches and accompanied by GSRC club members. There are no requirements for this training program.
Weekly Sessions Include:
• Weekly Educational Component (nutrition, shoes, apparel, etc.)
• Supported long runs with hydration and mapped routes
• Access to Certified Running Coaches
• Warmup drills, Cooldown, Stretching
• Friendly, Enthusiastic and Encouraging Instructors and Participants!
Groups will be divided based on current skill level and/or goal time. This group is for both first timers of the 5K distance and those wanting to improve their 5K time through a team environment.